Extrusion is one of the most used processes used in the plastic industry. Its advantages have earned the trust of plastic manufacturers all over the world. Plastic extrusion is often considered one of the most economical manufacturing options for plastic products. It has the ability to combine high-efficiency and high-volume with less waste.
The plastic extrusion process includes the option of coextrusion. This involves two or more extruders. With coextrusion, liquid molten plastic is fed from the extruders at different speeds and thicknesses into a single extrusion head. Co-extrusion allows the incorporation of different plastic materials and compounds into a single product to meet different requirements such as UV treatment. Plastic Extrusion Technologies stays at the cutting edge of plastics technology so we can deliver the best plastic parts and products to our customers.
Whether you are at the beginning stage of your plastic extrusion project or are looking for a new solution for your plastic profile extrusion needs, we’re confident that Plastic Extrusion Technologies will be the best partner for you. We provide necessary plastic extrusion capabilities to find cost-effective solutions to your polymers and plastic extrusion needs.
Advantages of Plastic Extrusion
There are several reasons why plastic extrusion offers a more efficient and economical method for producing plastic products. The major advantages of plastic extrusion are:
- Compared to other plastic molding processes, plastic extrusion molding has a low cost and is more efficient. Plastic extrusion molding process uses thermoplastics that go through melting and hardening processes, allowing the waste to be reused. This allows the raw material and disposal costs to be lower. Plastic extrusion machines can operate 24 hours a day, reducing the chances of inventory shortage.
- Plastic extrusion molding provides better flexibility and versatility in the plastic products being created with a consistent cross section. The extrusion molding can produce complex shapes as long as the cross section remains the same. Because this manufacturing process is flexible, it can be used for plastic sheets or to produce products that require different attributes.
- Raw plastic material remains hot when they are removed from the extruder. This allows for more extrusion manipulations to take place. Some manufacturers use a variety of rollers, shoes and dies to change the shape of the plastic if needed, depending on the needs of the client.
- Complex shapes can be produced using plastic extrusion. This process allows for varying thickness, textures, and colors. The machinery used during the extrusion process offers a wide range of shapes and sizes.
- Additives can be used to improve the products properties for durability, fire resistance, and friction or static resistance.
- Plastic extrusion tooling is cheaper and more efficient than tooling for other plastic manufacturing methods.
- Plastic extrusion can be used with many different types of plastics including polypropylene, polyethylene, PVC, polyurethane, and acrylic.
Many manufacturers from multiple industries depend on plastic extrusion machinery. With the right plastic extrusion machine, high-quality custom plastic extrusions can be produced in many different sizes and shapes. By talking to an expert at Plastic Extrusion Technologies, you can find out which type of plastic extrusion machines best suits your businesses’ needs.
If you require plastic extruding services, contact Plastic Extrusion Technologies for more information. With over 100 years’ experience working with plastic products, we would be happy to answer any questions you might have and meet your business’s needs. We also specialize in PVC plastic tubing extrusions, plastic profile extrusions, extruded products, and many different types of polymers.